Happy Independence Day!
Today is another Independence Day, and like most Americans, you’ll probably be at a picnic or at parties where you’ll likely be surrounded by high-fat foods, drinks, and desserts.
Independence Day is a time for celebration, family reunions, good food, good drink and momentarily escaping the everyday. The 4th of July has been one of the biggest national holidays since 1776 and draws millions across the country to gatherings for fairs, fireworks, and fun. How can you and your family still enjoy the day and limit the risk of bringing home more than just fond memories?
We all know, party foods are laced with a ton of fat and sugar.
Not exactly the best environment for those trying to lose fat or weight and practice mindful eating.
As you know, MODERATION IS KEY!
Here are a few tips that will help you enjoy the party without fattening you up.
July 4th Party SURVIVAL Guide ️
- Have a grass-fed hamburger instead and skip the processed hotdogs.
- Grill chicken breast with aged balsamic vinegar.
- Wrap your in crispy iceberg lettuce and skip the bread. This technique cuts Major calories.
- Have fruits like watermelon and skip the chips.
- If you GOTTA have chips, choose blue tortilla chips instead. Make a healthy dip by combining salsa + Greek yogurt + refried beans.
- If you GOTTA have a high-sugar dessert, then stick to just one serving. (Remember Moderation)
- Use an air fryer to fry potatoes or yams.
- Use smaller plates. Have big portions of healthy items and smaller portions of the not-so-healthy ones.
- To avoid MINDLESS eating, don’t hang out near the food table.
- Send leftovers home with everyone else. Yes, this is the easiest (and sneakiest) way to avoid eating fattening leftovers. If you attending a party, don’t take home leftovers.
Wishing you and your family a happy and safe 4th of July.
Do you struggle with your fitness goals? Do you ever feel like your diet is just plain “broken”?
This series of infographics will take virtually ALL the guesswork out of staying on track with your fitness goals no matter what your schedule.